Thursday, August 9, 2012

Perfume Review: Gucci Flora: Gorgeous Gardenia


So it was my birthday a couple of weeks back and among the lovely gifts I received was this little beauty. Part of the limited edition Flora Garden Collection, Gucci launched Gorgeous Gardenia, along with two other fragrances Gracious Tuberose and Glamorous Magnolia, earlier this year and I’d been eyeing this one up since sniffing it a couple of times on passing flits through Boots. So I was very pleased indeed upon finding this in the pressie pile on my birthday.


I think if I was to describe this perfume in a single word, it’d have to be ‘feminine’. The scent is very light and sweet, and despite the obvious references to flowers/gardens in the name of the perfume itself and the range to which it belongs, I definitely feel it has a more sweet fruity smell to it than a floral one. As silly as it might sound, wearing it makes me feel that little bit more ‘ladylike’ – at least until I open my mouth to speak and reveal otherwise – and even the glass bottle’s sleek and expensive looking design and the pink tint to the perfume screams ‘classy’.

Having had a scan around the net for the product specifics, the Debenhams website tells me that the perfume has top notes of red berries and pear, heart notes of white gardenia and frangipani flower, and base notes of patchouli and brown sugar accord.

Overall, I love this perfume and despite its rather hefty price tag (for me, being unemployed for the time being), I think I will definitely be repurchasing this lovely scent before it disappears from shops. The only little niggle I have is that it doesn’t tend to last the whole day like my previous perfumes have, which leads to me more or less bathing in this if I’m going out for longer than a few hours, but admittedly I would much prefer this to an overpowering smell that practically assaults the nostrils of anyone who comes into contact with me.

You can grab yourself a bottle of this lovely stuff for £63.15 on Amazon.co.uk for 100ml, which is the cheapest I’ve seen it as it seems to average at around £72 most other places. The 50ml seems to average at around the £50 mark.

Have you tried/purchased this perfume? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment